10 Principles to Better Understand Spiritual Gifts
1. Every Christian has one or more spiritual gift.
2. Many believers have received more than one primary spiritual gift.
3. Spiritual gifts may lie undiscovered and dormant for a long period of time.
4. Spiritual gifts can be abused or neglected.
5. Spiritual gifts are not the same as the gift of the Holy Spirit.
6. Spiritual gifts are not the same as the fruit of the Spirit.
7. Spiritual gifts are not the same as natural talents.
8. Some spiritual gifts are more useful in local churches than others because they result in greater edification of the body.
9. Charismata literally means ‘grace gifts’ and are sovereignly and underservedly given by the Holy Spirit.
10. Gifts are God’s spiritual equipment for effective service and edification of the body of Christ.